Well, we are almost ready to leave, and today my attention turns outward from home to travel. We're all a bit excited about what is upcoming in our trip to Uganda. Please continue to check the blog for updates on our team. But there's another thing you can do as well. You can pray for us. Here are some good prayers:
- That will have safe travel. We go by van to Washington Dulles, and then 7 hours by plane to Amsterdam, and then after a 4-hour layover, another 7 hours to Uganda. No bed in between!
- That we will all have good health while we are there. We have all the necessary immunizations, will be on anti-malaria medication, and have the usual over the counter medicines with us, but pray for our health.
- That we would think not of ourselves and our inconveniences but of those we are there to serve. Pray we might serve them joyfully.
- That God would change us all while we are there, making us more aware and grateful for his provision for us and more aware of the needs of others.
- That, as we are able, we would have opportunity to share the hope of the Gospel with others.
Today's post on the blog, by Dirk Hamp, is both encouraging and sobering, about the promise and peril in Uganda. I think some of the folks already there are overcome at times with the needs. We do what we can, and we rely on God to ultimately carry all of the suffering.
Thank you for your prayers. Enjoy the blog. And come back here after June 30th to hear more about my perspective on the trip.